Tuesday, May 4, 2004

So pathetic it's amusing

Heh... yesterday, I was pleased to find that I didn't have too many e-mail messages waiting from vacation (at least after our spam catchers got through with my inbox). Just minor administratia, nothing earth-shattering.

Today, I found out -- by word of mouth, because apparently I'm not approved on some random product mailing list -- that management has decided to axe the development being done on the next version of one of our products (let's call it Q, because I can't name it here). They've decided to rip out the changes being done for 4.0 and, instead, incrementally patch in minor features to 3.3.

I'm not disappointed -- heck, I had argued for this months ago when it was clear that development was way off track. It's just amusing that I only found out through an accidental conversation.

Anyway... yard is looking good! Well, the front yard at least. I put fertilizer down before I went on vacation, and the lawn is amazingly green. Some of our bulbs are coming up, too. I'll try to take pictures tomorrow.

I need to work on the back yard. It's... yucky. The grass isn't doing so well and there are bare patches here and there. I'll be ordering some supplies in the near future.

No comments: