Tuesday, January 22, 2002

Oh, am I ever pissed...

I have obviously made some powerful supernatural being angry today.

Let's see... where to start?

First, let me describe the apartment building in which I live. There are three floors, two apartments to a floor. For some reason, the apartments are numbered 16, 17, 26, 27, 36, and 37. 16 and 17 are occupied by grouchy retired couples. The rest are 20-somethings.

The guy in 16 steals my paper every morning and is completely unashamed of it. We've finally resorted to getting two papers every morning. The lady in 17 gets angry if you're doing laundry and she happens to want to do laundry at the same time. Weird, but I've come to live with it.

I had to mail off three pieces of mail today, so I stuck them in the cracks on the mailbox, like everyone does. Well, the lady in either 16 or 17 has decided she doesn't like this and has resorted to leaving me nasty notes and throwing my mail on the floor. For some reason, this made me rather annoyed. Anyway, I picked up the mail and dropped it off at the post office on my way to work. It's only five extra minutes, but, dammit, I should be able to send mail from my apartment!

Anyway, I get to work... check e-mail... hmm. What's this? Oh, looks like Cadence has been working on something that will completely screw up what I was doing. I'm just getting this spec today -- it was written on January 26, 2001, for crying out loud. Even worse, a salesguy promised a customer that we'd have this done by April; Cadence won't release their version until June.

So I can't continue to work on what I've been doing (won't pass Cadence's review), yet I can't take Cadence's vapourware and deliver it to the customer. I am s-c-r-e-w-e-d.

No comments: