Monday, May 15, 2006

I've been extremely busy. Recapping the last few weeks:


  • Tam and I went to Denver for her brother's wedding (29 Apr). Much fun was had seeing the extended family again, especially the younguns. My niece and nephews are growing by leaps and bounds...

  • We've also been getting ready for our rafting trip down the Grand Canyon with friends from college. Tamara leaves in a week (she's doing the two-week trip); I'll head down a week later (for the one-week portion) and meet them half-way.

  • Work's been insane, as usual. There's one guy on the current project (which I'm offloading today -- yay!) who has taken it upon himself to constantly refactor everyone else's code. This also means he's constantly introducing new bugs (as well as reintroducing bugs we've already fixed) during a period when this project is supposed to be stabilizing.

  • Today I've officially started working the Microsoft Project plan for the project I'm managing. Alas, does this mean I've entered the managerosphere?

  • Still trying to sell my house in Pittsburgh. The folks who originally put in an offer but then backed out have hired an attorney . So I get to deal with that now. I also just found out that the rains that have been hitting New England hard have started to make their way toward Pittsburgh and have caused a leak in the family room, and a tree has caused some damage to a fence. It never ends...


So nothing terribly exciting has been going on. Thanks to being an Amazon employee, I don't have much of a personal life...

No comments: