Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Fifteen minutes

I am completely exhausted and am on the verge of burnout. I'm also very annoyed that I managed to send out exactly zero cards to people, but I might still do that -- they just won't be Christmas/Chanukah/Festivus cards.

Tamara and I have been in San Diego since Saturday night, but that doesn't mean I haven't been working. Quite the contrary; in fact, I got to participate in another all-night conference call on Monday night and have been answering e-mails and phone calls every day (yes, including Christmas).

I have been working ~100 hours/week for the last four weeks. If I were paid hourly, this would be great. Alas, my base salary covers all hours worked.



This is just nuts. I can't believe that I've only been at Amazon for four months and have already become so seemingly essential that people need to reach me 24x7.

No comments: