Friday, August 2, 2002

I'm not feeling well, and I don't know why.

I've been jittery the last few days, butterflies-in-the-stomach-type of a feeling. On the plus side, this has suppressed my appetite a bit. I'm guessing it's stress-related combined with my excessive intake of coffee.

I'm proposing a fairly dramatic shift in direction of some projects at work, which brings the necessary politicking. Campaigning for a technological decision is not unfamiliar territory to me, but it still wears me down. And then there are the wedding-related items, a trip next weekend, trying to play money-manager with stocks, ... oy.

At least it looks like we're going to get some desperately-needed rain here today:

The National Weather Service says severe thunderstorms may develop
over the head of the Ohio region this afternoon and tonight. Wind
gusts could exceed 60 mph and hail could reach 1 inch in size. If
rain amounts go over 2 inches, there will be ponding of water in
locations with poor drainage.

The high heat and humidity will help develop scattered thunderstorms
by late afternoon. National Weather Service Pittsburgh expects a
front, from the Great Lakes, will move slowly southward across the
head of the Ohio region tonight... and this may help storms to become
better organized and severe.

Consequently, the skywarn net may need to be activated late this
afternoon and tonight. Stay tuned for updates.


No comments: