Monday, September 15, 2008

Need to take a week off.

Just got back from a three day kayak trip around the San Juans (mainly Cypress Island) with Tamara and Julie (a friend from Sacramento who came up with the crazy plan in the first place). It was quite fun and nicely relaxing. However, the kayaking, plus swimming and hiking each night, has left my body exhausted and my muscles sore. As I'm flying down to San Diego tomorrow and spending the rest of the week there, I think I'm going to take a bit of a break from swimming.

Work has been exceedingly stressful as of late. Too many last-minute critical projects being juggled and thrown my way. I seem to spend 80% of my time in front of Outlook delegating and explaining what needs to happen instead of doing it myself. I suppose this would be acceptable if I were a manager, but I'm not. I think I'd be happier if I didn't know that spending time on this would be held against me come performance review time. Ah, like Dilbert, I guess I have the curse of competence.

Anyway, time to pack.

No comments: