Sunday, June 13, 2004

In addition to Washington being served ice cream in 1789, Walter Hunt selling the rights for the safety pin for $400 in 1825, and Charles Osborne starting an 11 month bout of hiccups in 1922, MyWay's This Day In History featurette also has the following amusing item:

1920   The U.S. Post Office Department ruled that children may not be sent by parcel post.

I finished the first stage of wiring in my house (involving all the rooms which had computers). My house is now fully networked in wired and wireless fashion. I also attached a Prismiq box to the TV. It's an interesting toy for playing videos, music, photos, getting the latest in select news, etc., but has some quirks.

Work is... not going well. It sounds like I'm not going to be able to transfer to the core architecture and technology (CAT) group; instead, I'm in charge of a project with no resources and impossible and inflexible deadlines, and will be the sister project of someone who loves bureaucracy and red tape. Ugh. I've expressed my serious concerns about this, to no avail. I've been given until Wednesday to accept or decline this project, with the latter likely meaning declining continued employment at Cadence.

In the meantime, I'll be calling the folks at CAT (in San Jose) to see where things stand, and seeing if Network Appliance down the street has anything interesting. At any rate, I'm not pleased with the way Cadence is treating us.

Relaxing weekend, though. I've been watching the squirrels and birds come by. Yesterday, I went to a coworker's house for a graduation party (his daughter graduated from high school). Spring is nice in Pennsylvania.

No comments: