Thursday, February 5, 2004

My bank now lets me click on a check number and see a scan of the front and back of each check I've written. That's quite cool.

's meme:
The Top 10 Things I Would Buy If I Did Not Need To Worry About Money

By which I do not mean what I would by if I had a million dollars. Because a million dollars gets smaller and smaller everyday (mentally, at least) and the amount of money you think you need to stay comfortable gets larger and larger. Also, with the endowment of a million or two million or three million dollars, you feel (or at least one feels) as if the money should be used toward something grand - a house, a charity, a life. I am suggesting that, more or less, your life continues as it is. Perhaps, yes, you stop this foolishness with school or work and you find your dream job. But I'm also suggesting that what Not Needing Money means, in this particular case, is that you no longer need to worry about rent. You can buy the name brand orange juice. You can call a cab home from the bar.

  1. Window coverings for the house.
  2. An extra monitor for work.
  3. Electronics lab equipment so I could do all the random geeky stuff I used to sneak into the labs in the subbasement of Steele to do.
  4. A snow plow attachment for my CRV. Then I'd go around plowing random roads and such when it snows. Uh, just because.
  5. Lots of candles, tea, and Tim Tams to send to various people (you know who you are).
  6. Dim sum every week. I wouldn't have thought of it, but others have mentioned it, and I like the idea.
  7. A good chunk of Amazon's inventory.
  8. The various paperwork filings needed to get kanga-da.org off the ground.
  9. Ice skates. It's been far too long.
  10. Gymnastics equipment for Tam.

No comments: