Monday, February 9, 2004

I finally got so fed up with Sprint that I went and bought a new cell phone today on the Verizon network. It's shinier, has a much stronger connection, and I could talk to my parents for an hour on it without the battery level dropping noticably. I'm amazed that they were able to add processing power and lower power consumption.

Santa Barbara trip this past weekend, for a college friend's wedding reception (the wedding took place back around New Years, in Israel, which many -- myself included -- were unable to attend). I saw a lot of people from college whom I hadn't seen in years. It was quite a bit of fun, though far too short a visit (~36 hours) considering the travel time (~20 hours).

The travel time was grossly extended because our connecting flight to Chicago was delayed by a few hours, which put our Chicago-to-LA flight out of whack and bumped us off our LA-to-SB shuttle bus reservation. As Tamara can attest, I'm not a fun person to travel with when I am (a) sleep deprived and (b) annoyed at (my perceived) incompetence/unfriendliness of the airline staff.

Work is busy, as usual. Still no real clue as to what the heck is going on, but the rumours are flying. A few of us are in on a betting pool regarding when we'll be acquired, for how much, and some of the terms.

No comments: