Wednesday, July 30, 2003

I changed the brakes on my car last night. Ordinarily, this would not be a big deal; however, please realise that, given the fact that I've lived in an apartment or somesuch for most of the last 11 years, this was not a feasible thing to do.

Also, although I'm mechanically inclined, that usually applies to static structures (walls, buildings, etc.) or things that, if I screwed up, will kill me. And, at first, I thought that I *had* screwed up -- the pedal didn't feel right, and it was taking a lot farther to brake than it should have (on my driveway at this point). Then I remembered that you need to pump the brakes a few times to get pistons, etc., in the right position, and that the brake pads need a mile or so to break in (to match the wear pattern on the discs). After that, it was smooth sailing... er, driving.

Still unhappy about the reorg at work. Also found out that I have to work on Saturday. Grr. (No, I don't get paid overtime, being exempt and all...)

No comments: