Sunday, April 7, 2002

So... it's getting to be that time of year again. The lease: to renew, or not to renew, that is the question.

First, the rent at my current place is probably going to skyrocket since property taxes took a huge jump. Staying at my current place will probably be out of the question.

Second, you can only get year-long leases in Pittsburgh. I'm not convinced that I can tolerate another full year here. I desperately want to head back to someplace west of the Rockies, preferably back to San Diego.

Third, the wedding is in October. And Tamara likes her job, and it's not one she can telecommute for. And she isn't terribly keen of going west of the Rockies.

So... I guess I'm stuck here. Now, as for finding another place to live... well, I'd like to stop throwing away money every month. But buying a place here? If the houses and neighborhoods weren't bad enough, the fact that it could collapse into an unmapped, abandoned mine at any moment and insurance won't cover a penny of it...


Oh, and I get to fly out for a friend's funeral on Friday. Yeah, I'm not in a terribly chipper mood.

No comments: