Tuesday, February 26, 2002

I didn't really read this, did I?

E-mail I got in response to a question I posed about the design of our core software...


Dave Cuthbert wrote:
> I'm not sure what neoCellRefreshSchematicInfo does. Are you caching the
> results from _lxElaborateSchematic? (This isn't a good idea, despite
> its slowness...)

Yes, it caches the results from _lxElaborateSchematic.
Each example function calls neoCellRefreshSchematicInfo
at the beginning hoping that a user does not modify the
schematic while the function is being executed. ( which
isn't so bad I think. because most functions can be
finished in a few seconds at tops )


We're hoping the user does screw up to ensure the correctness of our software?

. I'm just reaffirming that our NeoCell team can't design its way out of a paper bag.

No comments: